09-06-2018 Final Public Budget Hearing
Educational Services Facility
MISSION: TO SERVE EVERY STUDENT WITH EXCELLENCE AS THE STANDARD
1. Opening Exercises
2. Superintendent's Presentation
Attachment: Final Public Hearing 9-6-2018.pdf
3. Public Hearing on the 2018-2019 Proposed Millage Levy
4. Public Hearing on the 2018-2019 Tentative Budget
5. Publicly State the Name of the Taxing Authority and Millage Rates
6. Adopt the Resolution setting the Required Local Effort, Local Discretionary, and Capital Outlay millage rates for 2018-19
Attachment: ESE524 for 9.6.2018 Public Hearing.pdf
7. Adopt the 2018-19 Budget
8. Adjust the Adopted Millage Levy
9. Forward the Adopted Millage Levy Resolutions
10. Forward Budget Documentation
11. Release Committed Fund Balance of $824,108 to be used for Instructional Coaches in Fiscal Year 2018-19
12. Release Committed Fund Balance of $437,760 to be used for Social Workers in Fiscal Year 2018-19
13. Release Committed Fund Balance of $250,000 to be used for School Security Resource Officers in Fiscal Year 2018-19
14. Release Committed Fund Balance of $241,084 to be used for Centralized Internal Acccounts in Fiscal Year 2018-19
15. Release Committed Fund Balance of $200,000 to be used for School Athletic Assistance in Fiscal Year 2018-19
INSTITUTION: ARTICLE IX - SECTION 1. Public education. - The education of children is a fundamental value of the people of the State of Florida. It is, therefore, a paramount duty of the state to make adequate provision for the education of all children residing within its borders. Adequate provision shall be made by law for a uniform, efficient, safe, secure, and high quality system of free public schools that allows students to obtain a high quality education and for the establishment, maintenance, and operation of institutions of higher learning and other public education programs that the needs of the people may require.
ADDRESSING THE BOARD:
Individuals or groups may address comments to the School Board at any regular meeting by following established procedures. The maximum allotted time for a presentation is three (3) minutes. A speaker's time may not be allocated to others. Individuals must complete a form located on a table near the east wall of the boardroom. Thirty minutes will be set aside at the beginning of the meeting for public discussion on non-agenda items. Up to thirty minutes of public discussion will be allowed for each agenda action item.
NOTE: If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board with regard to any matter considered at this meeting, he/she will need a record of the proceedings and, for such purposes, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made and that the record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
NOTE: Sensory and mobility impaired persons seeking assistance for participation in any meeting, conference, or seminar should contact Chrystal Holaway, Employment Supervisor, Employee Services, five days prior to the meeting date. Ms. Holaway may be reached at 631-1000, ext. 220 (voice) or email@example.com (email).
NOTE: This publication can be made available to persons with disabilities in a variety of formats, including large print, DVDs and Braille. Telephone or written requests should include your name, address, and telephone number. Requests should be made to School Board Office, 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL 32940-6699, (321) 633-1000, ext. 412 at least two (2) weeks prior to the time you need the publication.
NOTE: We respectfully request that ALL ELECTRONIC ITEMS AND CELL PHONES REMAIN OFF while the School Board is in session.
NOTE: Brevard Public Schools Television (BPS-TV) will broadcast this meeting live on Bright House Networks cable channel 496. BPS-TV will replay the meeting Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday at 12:30 p.m.,Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 2:30 p.m. Board meetings are also available as streaming video on the district web page at www.brevardschools.org.