INSTITUTION: ARTICLE IX - SECTION 1. Public education:
The education of children is a fundamental value of the people of the State of Florida. It is, therefore, a paramount duty of the state to make adequate provision for the education of all children residing within its borders. Adequate provision shall be made by law for a uniform, efficient, safe, secure, and high quality system of free public schools that allows students to obtain a high quality education and for the establishment, maintenance, and operation of institutions of higher learning and other public education programs that the needs of the people may require.
ADDRESSING THE BOARD:
Individuals or groups may address comments to the School Board. However, during special meetings, comments will be limited to agenda items only. All attendees must register his or her intention to speak in the public portion of the meeting upon arrival by completing a speaker's form. The signup period for all public comments, will close at the start of the Board meeting.
- Sensory and mobility impaired persons seeking assistance for participation in any meeting, conference, or seminar should contact Karyle Green, Director, Labor Relations, five days prior to the meeting date. Dr. Green may be reached at 321-633-1000, ext. 11266 (voice) or email@example.com (email).
- This publication can be made available to persons with disabilities in a variety of formats, including large print, DVDs and Braille. Telephone or written requests should include your name, address, and telephone number. Requests should be made to School Board Office, 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL 32940-6699, (321) 633-1000, ext. 11412 at least two (2) weeks prior to the time you need the publication.
- We respectfully request that ALL ELECTRONIC ITEMS AND CELL PHONES REMAIN OFF while the School Board is in session.
- Brevard Public Schools Television (BPS-TV) will broadcast this meeting live on Spectrum cable channel 496. Board meetings are also available as streaming video on the district web page at www.brevardschools.org and YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/c/BrevardSchools.
- Any person who decides to appeal a decision made by the School Board with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing is hereby advised that he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.